First Prize Winners at "Robongiers"
First Prize Winners at "Robongiers" - an Interschool Robotics competition at Pathways School Gurgaon held on April 14,2016 & April 15,2016
Silver Zone Olympiad Winners
Two of our students Arshi Imtiyaz and Adil Shah of XI represented
Two of our students Arshi Imtiyaz and Adil Shah of XI represented our school at National Level CBSE Science Exhibition 2015-16 conducted from 8th February to 10th February 2016 at Vivekanand School Anand Vihar, New Delhi. Their exhibit was among twenty one exhibits which got selected for the next level. The selected teams were given merit certificates and they also received a cash prize of ₹ 3000.
An Youth Parliament was conducted at Tagore International School, East of Kailash for students of classes X, XI and XII. This was the first time that an Youth Parliament had been organized in school. The guests of honour, Dr Nirmal Kumar, Professor at the Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi and Dr. Prabha Rani, Professor of History, Lady Shri Ram College.
The session commenced with the arrival of the Speaker Manya Malkotia of Class XII-A and the oath was taken by the leaders of the respective political parties. The session commenced with the Question Hour followed by the Zero Hour and the time was utilized for raising issues of national importance.
The leader of the ruling coalition then asked for leave from the Speaker to introduce the first Bill i.e. the ‘ Amendment to Capital Punishment Bill, 2015’ and read out the accompanying clauses, each of which was dissected and deliberated upon in great detail. The Bill was finally passed in favour of the Treasury Bench and the speaker adjourned the house for lobbying after introducing the Adjournment Motion.
The second half of the session began with discussions on the Adjournment Motion and creative solutions were provided by each member to tackle a recent development that had taken place in the country.
This was succeeded by the introduction of the second Bill i.e. ‘Legal Accountability of the Police’ by the leader of the Opposition. Each clause was attended to in great length with possible amendments being suggested by members of both alliances. The Bill was at last passed with four surviving clauses. The session was then put to a close by the worthy Speaker. This was followed by the vote of thanks and the National Anthem.
The session was a wonderful learning experience for the students and the effort of the students and teachers in- charge was much lauded by the Principal and the Guests.
1. Special Mentions
(i) Abhishek Taneja XI-B
(ii) Kartik Rattan-XII-A
(iii) Diva Dhobal X- C
(i) Rohini Sharma XI- A
(ii) Arshi Imtiaz XI – B
(iii) Aditya Saran XI – A
(i) Vishesh Gulla X – C
2. Best Photographer
Jatin Ahuja XII – B
3. Best Scribe (Secretariat)
Muskan Arora X – C
4. Best Report
5. Best Speaker – Treasury Bench
6. Best Speaker – Opposition
Mohammad Saarim Naeem
7. Best Member
Winners of Inter School Competitions
- In Gaming competition held at St. Mary’s School, Safdarjung Enclave ‘Mimansa’ , Gursimar Singh, Furqaan Ahmed and Awais Parvez of class XI secured second position
- In International Environment Festival ‘Panchtatva-The Elements of Nature held at DPS R.K.Puram Amit Vikram Pandey of Class VII secured third position in Hindi Poetry Writing Competition.
- Vaibhav Tekchandani of class XI was awarded a special mention prize at Indus Public School Model United Nations Conference Rothak.
- Abhishek Taneja of class XI won a special mention prize at Amity International Model United Nations Conference
- In Silico Battles held at Ahlcon Public School, Shashank Aggrawal of class XII and Sanyog Gupta of class IX won Third position in Senior IT Quiz.
- In Dynamix held at Ramjas School, RK Puram, Faheemul Islam of class XII secured second position in Web Designing and Deepanshi of class XI secured second position in Group Discussion.
- Arshi Imtiyas of class XI won first position in Debate competition organized by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
- In Laxman Memorial Inter School competition Mallika Chatterjee of Class IX secured second position in Sanskrit Recitation Competition.
- Anjela Arora of class VIII won second position in Multiple Intelligences and Me Event held at Suncity School, Gurgoan
- Ajay Raj Saini, Anik Kapoor, Jatin Madan, Abhishek Sarmah and Nakul Panwar was awarded for outstanding performance in Scholarship Exam from PACE.
WINNERS OF FRENCH OLYMPIAD ENTRY LEVEL
7 students have scored I Rank, 10 students have scored II Rank and 7 students have scored III Rank.
Elementary Level French Olympiad was conducted in the school on 13 Oct. 2015. This was organized by the French Embassy in Delhi and Education and Beyond Pvt. Ltd. 39 students participated and the above mentioned students will appear for the National level Exam.
Delhi Gaurav Award(DGA)-Press Release
Tagore International School, East of Kailash, won the Delhi Gaurav Award(DGA) in the Best international School category on December 12 2015, in a ceremony held at Vigyan Bhavan. The DGA is a social initiative of an ISO 9001: 2008 certified NGO, Indian Bravehearts (IBH) and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
The award was presented by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Government of India, in front of an esteemed audience of academicians, industrialists and bureaucrats. Students from nominee schools and parents were also present for the award ceremony.
The school was given an opportunity to perform in a short cultural programme which was greatly appreciated by all. It included a Durga Stuti in the famous Marathi Gondhal folk tradition and a rendition of the school song sung by the junior school students. The school choir also sang the national anthem at the end of the function.
The Principal, Nandita Sahu, emphasized that the 51 year old progressive institution has become a firm pillar of Delhi and been contributing a conscious value – ridden community to the capital over the years.
TIS stands TALL once again!!
TIS stands TALL once again!! Kudos to Vannshika Rana of class XIA, who has been selected in the under-19 Girls Soccer Team to represent India at the Pacific International School Games, 2015 to be held in Adelaide, Australia from November 21, 2015 to November 29, 2015. That makes it the third consecutive time that we have made it to the Internationals in the past three years, the other two students being Dalima Chhibber 2014 batch and Neha Kapur 2007 batch.
Winners at ‘Geomaty’ –Amity International School
Poster Making –First Position
Dance Drama- Third Position
Winners at ‘Landmark’- Genesis Global School
Face Painting- First Position
Best out of Waste- First Position